Do you find yourself in a hurry to receive your Amazon orders or, on the contrary, looking to save a few bucks by opting for a slower shipping speed? Navigating through Amazon’s ordering process can sometimes be a bit tricky, especially when it comes to adjusting shipping speeds.
But fear not, because, in this article, we’ve got you covered with a step-by-step guide on how to change the shipping speed on Amazon. Whether you’re in a rush or want to be more cost-conscious, we’ll show you how to tailor your delivery options to suit your needs. Ready to take control of your Amazon deliveries? Let’s get started!
How to Change Shipping Speed on Amazon?
Changing Shipping Speed on Amazon Prime
If you’re an Amazon Prime member, you have the added advantage of expedited shipping options. Follow these steps to modify your shipping speed:
- Log in to your Amazon account.
- Navigate to “Your Account & Lists.”
- Click on “Your Prime Membership.”
- Select “Manage Prime Membership” (located on the left side of your screen).
- Look for “Shipping Options.”
- Click on “Change Shipping Date” next to the order you wish to modify.
- You’ll receive information about the estimated delivery date, time, and associated costs for each item in your order.
- After selecting your preferred delivery speed, click “Save Changes.”
Can Amazon Change Shipping Speed After Order?
If you find the need to alter your delivery preferences after confirming your order, you can do so, provided the seller has not yet shipped your items. Follow these steps:
- Log in to your Amazon account.
- Hover over the upper-right section of the website and click on “Returns & Orders.”
- Choose the order you wish to edit.
- Click on “Change Shipping Speed” under “Shipment details.”
- Select another shipping option (note that some options may not be available). You may also need to choose a new delivery date and time.
- After adjusting your Amazon delivery speed option, click “Save Shipping Speed.”
Adjusting Shipping Speed on Amazon’s Mobile App (Android and iOS)
If you prefer managing your orders on the go using the Amazon app, follow these steps:
- Open the Amazon app and log in.
- Tap the three lines (menu) at the bottom right of your home screen.
- Find your orders under the “Your Orders” section.
- Select the “Change Shipping Speed” button.
- Choose from the available shipping options, and if necessary, select a new date and time.
- Confirm your changes.
What To Know Before You Modify Shipping Speed
Before making any changes to your order’s shipping speed, it’s crucial to consider a few key factors:
- Shipping Date Change: Adjusting the shipping speed will also alter the estimated arrival time. Make sure to keep track of your new delivery schedule to avoid any confusion.
- Limited Options: Not all products are eligible for fast shipping options, particularly items coming from overseas. Be aware of the shipping options available for each product.
- Delivery Location: Ensure your delivery address is up to date, especially if you’ve recently moved. An incorrect address can result in misdelivered packages and additional costs. (Also learn how to delete an address on Amazon)
- Extra Charges: Faster shipping speeds often come with higher price tags, except for Amazon Prime members. Be aware of any additional fees associated with your chosen shipping speed.
Additionally, consider the following factors before making your order:
- Prime Shipping Eligibility: Check if the product qualifies for Prime shipping.
- Amazon FBA: Ensure the product is Amazon FBA-eligible.
- Weight Restrictions: Ensure the product falls within the weight limits.
- Package Options: Select the appropriate packaging for your product, including fragile labeling and size considerations.
- Insurance Option: Evaluate whether you need to add insurance to protect your product during transit.
- Label Attachments: Confirm that the seller has labeled each package correctly, especially for multiple orders.
What Causes Amazon Shipping Delays?
Shipping delays can occur for various reasons, impacting the timely delivery of your orders. Here are some common factors that may contribute to shipping delays:
- Large Shipping Labels: Packages with large shipping labels are more prone to improper attachment or damage during transit.
- Damaged Goods: Sometimes, orders are delayed due to damaged goods. In such cases, the damaged items may need to be returned for replacement, leading to adjusted delivery times.
- Incorrect Address: Providing an incorrect delivery address may necessitate contacting Amazon to update the information or change the delivery location, which can result in delays.
- Incorrect Weight: If the weight of a package is mislabeled by a third-party seller, it can complicate the delivery process, potentially leading to delays.
Understanding Amazon’s shipping options and the ability to adjust shipping speed to your liking empowers you to make the most of your online shopping experience. By keeping these tips and guidelines in mind, you can navigate the world of Amazon deliveries with confidence and ensure that your packages arrive precisely when you need them. If you want to learn whether Amazon can deliver to Hotels, our guide can help you!
Changing Shipping Speed for Amazon Sellers
For sellers on Amazon, the ability to offer various shipping speeds can be a valuable tool for attracting customers. However, it’s essential to understand the requirements and processes involved in changing shipping speed as a seller.
Amazon provides the option for sellers to offer premium shipping, including one-day and two-day delivery. To qualify for premium shipping, sellers must meet specific criteria:
- Be selling on Amazon for at least 90 days.
- Maintain a valid tracking rate of 99% for 30 days.
- Maintain at least a 97% on-time delivery score for 30 days.
- Ensure a seller-initiated cancellation rate of less than 0.5% for 30 days.
Sellers can check their eligibility for premium shipping through the Premium Shipping Eligibility dashboard on Seller Central.
Changing Shipping Speed for Two-Day Delivery
In addition to the requirements mentioned above, sellers must have processed ten or more orders across all shipping options in the last 30 days to offer two-day delivery. The process for modifying the shipping speed for two-day delivery is similar to adjusting handling times.
- Click on “Shipping Settings” in the Settings drop-down menu.
- Click the “Edit” button under “Your Price Branded Shipping Rates.”
- Check the “2 business days” box under the “Two-Day” column and click “Continue.”
- Enter the rates for each price band under “Two-Day” and click “Continue.”
- Review your rates in the highlighted section and click “Confirm.”
Changing Shipping Speed for One-Day Delivery
To offer one-day delivery, sellers must meet specific requirements:
- Maintain an on-time shipment rate of at least 99% for One-Day Delivery orders.
- Maintain an on-time delivery rate of at least 95% for One-Day Delivery orders.
- Maintain an on-time delivery score of 92% for Premium Shipping orders for at least 30 days.
- Maintain a cancellation rate of no more than 1.5% for Premium Shipping orders for at least 30 days.
- Maintain a valid tracking rate of 94% for Premium Shipping orders using UPS, USPS, OnTrac, or FedEx for at least 30 days.
Once these criteria are met, sellers can enable one-day delivery:
- Click on “Shipping Settings” in the Settings drop-down menu.
- Click the “Edit template” button to select a shipping template for One-Day Delivery.
- Check the “One-Day Delivery” checkbox and add your One-Day Delivery regions by clicking “Add new Shipping rules.”
- Enter your shipping rates and click “Confirm.”
Frequently Asked Questions About Changing Shipping Speed on Amazon Seller Central
Before we conclude, let’s address some frequently asked questions related to changing shipping speed on Amazon:
Can You Change the Shipping Speed to Make It a Same-Day Shipment?
You can offer same-day delivery to customers if you sell products that qualify for Amazon’s Same-Day delivery service. This service is available to all FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) sellers, provided their listed ASINs meet the criteria for same-day delivery.
Can Shipping Speed Changes Affect My Seller Performance?
Yes, changes in shipping speed can impact your seller performance. Failing to manage shipping speed through handling and transit time adjustments can lead to an increase in your Late Shipment Rate (LSR), which can negatively affect your seller account health.
Can Amazon Sellers Change the Shipping Rates Based on Delivery Time?
Amazon sellers have the flexibility to adjust shipping rates based on delivery time and shipping method. For instance, sellers can charge more for one-day delivery compared to standard delivery times.
What Estimated Delivery Time Do Seller Fulfilled Prime (SFP) Sellers Need to Maintain?
If you are a member of Seller Fulfilled Prime (SFP), it’s essential to aim for estimated delivery times of one and two-day shipments to meet Amazon’s requirements.
Congratulations, you’ve successfully changed the shipping speed for your Amazon order! Your order will now be processed with the newly selected shipping speed, and you’ll receive an updated estimated delivery date based on your choice.
Now that you know how to change the shipping speed on Amazon, you can enjoy more flexibility and control over your deliveries. Whether you need items faster or want to save on shipping costs, Amazon’s shipping options allow you to tailor your shopping experience to your preferences.
So, the next time you place an order on Amazon and need to adjust the shipping speed, you’ll be well-equipped to make the change. Happy shopping, and may your Amazon orders arrive exactly when you need them!